Can I get my license in a new state if I had a DUI ten years ago? 1 Answers as of August 05, 2011

Had a DUI in IL 10 years ago. Have been trying to get them to sign waiver, and they stall and want me to reapply each time (4 now at $50 ea). I now reside in LA. Can I get my license here and want do I tell them?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Bloom Legal, LLC
Bloom Legal, LLC | Seth J. Bloom
If you were convicted of DWI 10 years ago, there should not be any condition limiting your ability to obtain a driver's license anymore. This should not pose any problems in a new state but you may want to consider pursuing an expungement to have your records cleared and sealed just in case. If you are seeking legal representation in this matter in Louisiana, I invite you to contact my firm at the information on this page for a free case evaluation.
Answer Applies to: Louisiana
Replied: 8/5/2011
Click to View More Answers: