Can I get my license back if it was taken for having multiple moving violations? 2 Answers as of May 24, 2011

I lost my license in Illinois for having multiple moving violations and driving on a suspended license twice. It has now been suspended for 3 years, with about a year left to go. I would like to get my license back earlier, is there a way I can appear in front of a judge to get my license back?

You can petition the Secretary of State for a restricted driving permit, allowing you to go to and from work, school or medical appointments. I would suggest that you attend and complete a course in traffic safety, as well as get letters from your supervisor/school or doctor specifying the need for the R.D.P. If you were not convicted before a judge on violations not more than two years old, you could file a motion for a rehearing on the applicable tickets. It is within the judge's discretion whether or not he would grant your relief. See the Clerk of the Court in the county where the tickets arose for further information.