Can I get my kids in my custody of the mom tried to kill herself twice last month? 11 Answers as of December 18, 2013

Ex has kids and has tried to kill herself two times in the last month and is a back at her act now. The kids are with the in laws and she put a no contact court order on her whole family. I need help. I have not seen my kids in 7 weeks or more and can't do a thing about it without help.

Law Office of Rebekah Sass
Law Office of Rebekah Sass | Rebekah Sass
File a motion to request a change in custody.
Attorney at Law
Attorney at Law | Frances An
You need to file a motion with the court for custody.
The Bryan Law Firm, L.L.C.
The Bryan Law Firm, L.L.C. | Douglas L. Bryan
Yes, you can certainly file for emergency ex parte (without a hearing) custody with the information you have supplied. You should contact an attorney immediately for assistance, or contact your local clerk's office to see if they have any forms for such if you can't afford a lawyer.
J. Barbour Rixey, P.C.
J. Barbour Rixey, P.C. | J. Barbour Rixey
You should immediately file a motion to amend custody in Juvenile and Domestic Relations District Court. That is certainly a change in circumstances which is part of the required showing in order to change custody. A fit parent is presumed to be the proper person to have custody of kids over some other relation.
File and serve your emergency court request or sole legal and physical custody with supervised visitation to mom.
    Law Offices of Lauren H. Kane | Lauren H. Kane
    You need to file a Custody Petition immediately.
    Well then, you should contact a local family law attorney and go through all of the facts with him or her. You may contact your local bar association for a referral.
    The Law Offices of Tres A. Porter | Tres A. Porter
    Consult with an experienced family law attorney, immediately, but under that scenario, you likely could obtain custody.
    ROSENAK LAW FIRM, LLC | Alan W. Rosenak
    Attempting to kill herself twice is harmful to the children. To make matters worse, I understand they are with her parents; however no one else, including you can see them. Without knowing all the facts, this is unacceptable. The children must be in a safe home. As father, you have parental rights over a grandparent.
    Borzilleri Law Office | Christine Borzilleri
    You should be able to go to court and motion for emergency custody based on her behaviors. If you need further assistance or anticipate a contested battle I would recommend retaining a family law attorney.
    Diane l. Berger | Diane L. Berger
    I am assuming there has been a court action which gave your former wife custody. If that is the case, you need to file a Motion for Ex Parte custody. That means you file a Motion setting forth the facts(her suicide attempts, your inability to be with your children) and then you will get an Order granting you temporary custody until such time as a hearing is scheduled.