Can I get my husbands name off property discharged in bankruptcy? Posted on April 17, 2011

I have been going through a divorce since 2003 in 2005 my husband filed bankruptcy on the home I live in and pay for. The home was no exempt and he doesnt have to pay but I have. I had to pay fees added to the mortgage due to his bankruptcy. He refuses to do a quick claim deed and has asked the divorce court to make me sell the home and give him money. How is this fair I have been paying on the home since Aug 2002 and paying the taxes and insurance. I have tried to contact his bankruptcy attorney and nothing. What can I do so that I can a quick claim deed so that I can get my divorce. My divorce attorney isnt educated in this and did not know that the home was totally discharged. The divorce court wants me to sell my home to get it off his credit report and now the husband wants to profit.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Click to View More Answers: