Can I get my husbands green card revoked if he left me after we were wed? 4 Answers as of February 01, 2011

My husband deceived me. He left me after he received his letter of approval. I was so humiliated and I just want to move on with my life. Because he left me after he got his green card, can I get it revoked? Is there anything that I can do?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Feldman Feldman & Associates, PC
Feldman Feldman & Associates, PC | Lynne Feldman
You can send a letter to USCIS but the green card belongs to him. If he has only a two year green card he will need to self-petition to keep it after that time. Without your cooperation or with negative information in the USCIS file from you on his intent to defraud he will have a difficult time with a self-petition as he must show a good faith marriage.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 2/1/2011
JCS Immigration & Visa Law Office
JCS Immigration & Visa Law Office | Jack C. Sung
If your husband's green card is already approved , it will not be automatically revoked. If he was married for less than 2 years when he got the green card, he was issued a 2 year green card, and at the end of the 2 year period, he must apply to remove the condition on his green card with USCIS after getting a divorce from you. USCIS can still approve his 10 year green card if he convinces them that the marriage was real but it did not work out. If you believe that you were defrauded by him, you can write a letter to send to the USCIS office to be kept on file. Your letter will put a red flag on his case and he will need to explain himself when he applies to remove the condition.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 1/31/2011
Pauly P.A.
Pauly P.A. | Clemens W. Pauly
If all the countless postings on this website are true, then there seem to be a lot of scoundrels out there who marry for green card purposes. You can certainly write to immigration referencing his alien number and giving them the details of why you believe that this was a case of immigration fraud, however, I do not think that USCIS has the resources to go after each of these cases. If your marriage was still young, USCIS will just wait the two years until your husband has to file the I-751 petition to remove the conditions on his green card at which time your husband will have to explain why you are not joining in the petition. What is more important right now, it seems, is that you properly divorce your husband. However, this will not terminate your obligations under your affidavit of support (I-864) which you would have to try to cancel based on fraud.
Answer Applies to: Florida
Replied: 1/31/2011
Law Office of Immigration & International Trade Law
Law Office of Immigration & International Trade Law | Linda Liang
If you have evidence to proof he entered into marriage in order to get his green card, you can report him to ICE. You can find ICE number on Google.
Answer Applies to: Florida
Replied: 1/30/2011
Click to View More Answers: