Can I get my gun rights restored after an Assault 4th Degree charge? 1 Answers as of May 09, 2011

I have a Simple Assault charge that was deferred for 2yrs. It is a first time criminal offense. My gun rights were taken away indefinitely. It was worded as domestic violence against a family member. The same family member tried to have charges dropped, but the prosecutor wouldn't allow it. My public defender basically screwed me. What can I do to get my gun rights restored?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Andersen Law PLLC
Andersen Law PLLC | Craig Andersen
If five years have passed without any new criminal offenses, and your fines and costs have been paid, it is possible to petition the court to vacate your conviction and then petition the Superior Court to restore your right to keep and bear arms. I charge a flat fee of $3,000 to do both. It is possible for you to do it all if you have the wherewithal to obtain the forms and represent yourself. It just takes time and some expertise. You can download instructions from the Washington State Courts website or give me a call and we can handle the whole mess in a month or less.
Answer Applies to: Washington
Replied: 5/9/2011
Click to View More Answers: