Can I get my felony theft charges expunged six years later? 1 Answers as of June 13, 2011

6 years ago I was charged was felony theft. I paid my restitution fees and was sentenced two years probation. Can I get my felony expunged?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Timothy J. Thill P.C.
Timothy J. Thill P.C. | Timothy J. Thill
Unfortunately, in Illinois, you can never get this offense expunged. Since you received probation on this felony, it cannot be expunged, however, you can talk to the clerk of court's office about getting it sealed. The best thing you can do is petition for a Governor's pardon, which would be expungeable.
Answer Applies to: Illinois
Replied: 6/13/2011
Click to View More Answers: