Can I get my felony reduced to a misdemeanor? 3 Answers as of August 02, 2011

I was arrested on a felony charge for shoplifting. The total was $343, $43 over the felony limit. I'm 21 and this is my first offense. What legal repercussions can I expect from this crime? Is there a way to get it pardoned or bumped to a misdemeanor?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Goolsby Law Office
Goolsby Law Office | Richard Goolsby
> While no one can predict what will happen, we recommend that you retain an experienced criminal defense attorney as soon as possible to explore your rights and options, including a charge reduction or some other potential outcomes. Good luck.
Answer Applies to: Georgia
Replied: 8/2/2011
Lawrence Lewis
Lawrence Lewis | Lawrence Lewis, PC
If you plead to a felony you should expect that employment opportunities will change for you. Is there a way to get it bumped down to a misdemeanor? Yes, retain an experienced attorney and let him do what he does. Will the governor pardon you? Probably not.
Answer Applies to: Georgia
Replied: 8/2/2011
Atlanta Trial Lawyers Group
Atlanta Trial Lawyers Group | James R. Haug
This is a definite possibility. I would suggest contacting an attorney immediately as each case is fact specific.
Answer Applies to: Georgia
Replied: 8/2/2011
Click to View More Answers: