Can I get my felony expunged if I have been charged with other crimes since? 5 Answers as of June 28, 2011

I have a felony conviction for malicious destruction of personal property from 2000 from MI that I want to get expunged. My concern is that during probation for it I got charged with an OUI. I also have a misdemeanor for drunken disorderly in 2004, I believe. My question is do I still have a chance to get my felony expunged?

No Under the statute you can have only one conviction for anything to be eligible to have it expunged.
Unfortunately, you will not be able to get an expungement. Michigan's expungement allows expungement only when you have a single count conviction for a non=excluded misdemeanor or felony. You have more than one, so you cannot get an expungement.
Attorney at Law
Attorney at Law | Steven C. Bullock
The Michigan expungement statute was changed last Thurs with the Governor signing a new law allowing for expungement even with more than one other conviction if certain conditions are met.
Cornish, Crowley, Rockafellow, & Sartz, PLLC
Cornish, Crowley, Rockafellow, & Sartz, PLLC | Jacob Peter Sartz IV
It would be very difficult. Generally speaking, if a person has more than one conviction, they cannot get a conviction expunged under Michigan law. However, it may still be worth a consultation with an attorney. There may be a way to get around the matter.
You are only eligible for an expungement if you have one conviction on your record. If you have more than one conviction, including misdemeanors, then you can not get any charge expunged. Jared C. Austin, Attorney-at-Law CONFIDENTIALITY NOTE: The Information contained in this electronic message is legally privileged and confidential information intended only for the individual or entity named as recipient. If the reader is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, dissemination, distribution or copying of this electronic message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this electronic message in error, please notify the sender immediately by return electronic message and immediately delete this message from your system. Thank you.