Can I get my felony expunged? 1 Answers as of March 08, 2011

I was wondering, if in the future I would be able to have my felony of: fraudulent use of identifying information [state jail felony,] expunged. If so, how much time after I have completed my adjudicated probation would I have to wait to even try this and how much does a expungement usually cost?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Office of Tim W. Avery
Law Office of Tim W. Avery | Tim W. Avery
If you pled guilty and were placed on probation, you cannot get an expunction. However, depending on what type of probation you received, you might be entitled to request an Order of Non-Disclosure. If you pled guilty and were given "deferred adjudication" probation and successfully completed the deferred adjudication probation, then you can request the court to grant an Order of Non-Disclosure which essentially is an order to seal the records from the general public (some agencies will still have access to said records). There is a waiting period of five years from the date of successful completion of probation before you are eligible to make said request. If you were not given deferred adjudication probation but instead received "straight probation" or receive time in prison, then the case resulted in a final conviction and the Order of Non-Disclosure is not an available option.
Answer Applies to: Texas
Replied: 3/8/2011
Click to View More Answers: