Can I get my felony charge reduced? 1 Answers as of August 04, 2011

I kicked my ex gf's door and damaged it and she called the cops which just assume it was a $1000. Now I'm facing a criminal mischief charge. The appointed lawyer called to see if she would come to a civil compromise and she told him he had to speak to her lawyer. Why would she have a lawyer if she didn't press charges against me then? Can she still do now? Or it just me against the state. Its my first time getting in trouble with the law. They want to give me a class c felony because the op say the damage was above 750. Is it possible for me to get a lesser charge? I really don't want a felony.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Grantland, Blodgett, Shaw & Abel
Grantland, Blodgett, Shaw & Abel | Gregory M. Abel
It is possible to reduce a felony but only with the cooperation of the district attorney.
Answer Applies to: Oregon
Replied: 8/4/2011
Click to View More Answers: