Can I get my family violence record expunged? 1 Answers as of July 07, 2011

My brother and I had gotten into an altercation, and he had hit me, and I pushed him back, but to make things worse on me, he pressed charges and now I have a family violence record, which I can't get a good job with. Please help?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Cynthia Henley, Lawyer
Cynthia Henley, Lawyer | Cynthia Henley
Unfortunately, you can on expunge cases that resulted in a finding of not guilty or were dismissed. Moreover, with a family violence case, even if you get a deferred you cannot get the record sealed. (Many cases which result in deferred adjudication probation are subject to being sealed from public view.) The assault family violence case will remain on your record. (And, if you get charged with assault family violence against another person in the future - even a different person - it is automatically a felony.)
Answer Applies to: Texas
Replied: 7/7/2011
Click to View More Answers: