Can I get my Domestic Violence Expunged? 6 Answers as of June 02, 2013

I am Currently 18 years Old and In the United Stated Army. When I was 15 I got into a fist fight with my step father and was charged with Domestic Violence. I plead guilty to the offense and served 6 months of probation. It is all behind me now, and the offense did not disqualify me from the Army (Which I am now serving in) nor did it have any firearm restrictions for the military (I am allowed to own, operate and openly carry a firearm just like any other soldier). Can I get this Expunged from my record? I do have one other offense from age 13 or 14 for Truancy.

You may be eligible for expungement. However, you cannot have any other misdemeanor or felonies on your record (save for a minor 90 day or less misdemeanor). If so, expungement is possible and would need to be sought in the court of conviction. You should hire an attorney to assist you with this issue.
Its a juvenile offense which won't count on your adult record.
Law Offices of Shaun R. Marks, P.C.
Law Offices of Shaun R. Marks, P.C. | Shaun Marks
You can probably get it expunged, but you have to wait at least 5 years from the date of conviction. As to the truancy charge that probably won't disqualify you from the expungement since it was probably handled as a juvenile matter.
You would have to petition to the Court where the conviction occured asking for an expungement. An attorney would be able to help you with this.
Hilf & Hilf PLC
Hilf & Hilf PLC | Daniel Hilf
If it occurred when you were 15, you should have been charged as a juvenile. Juvenile records are, for the most part, non public record. All an expungement does is change a public record to a non public record. You can hire an attorney to look into it further if you wish, but probably an expungement is probably not necessary.