Can I get my dismissed domestic violence case expunged? 3 Answers as of May 24, 2011

In New York State is it possible to have a dismissed domestic violence case expunged after a year?

If the case was dismissed it should be automatically expunged. If not hire an attorney to apply to expunge it.
New York does not have an expungment statute. There is no way to erase a conviction from your NYSID computer record. You can make a 440.10 motion to vacate it under certain circumstances. You will have to consult with an attorney to see if you are eligible for such a rare and expensive motion due to some improper conditions of the conviction or new evidence that has just been discovered.
Unfortunately, the answer is no, in NY there is no expungement procedure yet, except with an ACOD. Sorry. However, you may be able to get a Certificate of Relief from Civil Disability.