Can I get my court date postponed because I don't have an attorney or public defender to defend me? 8 Answers as of March 05, 2014

I have to appear in court due to me being behind on my supervision fees.

You can ask.
Law Office of James E. Smith
Law Office of James E. Smith | James Smith
Not for that reason.
Barton Barton & Plotkin | Maurice Ross
Not necessarily. If this relates to a probation violation and/or failure to make payments that were part of your plea bargain, you probably do not have the right to a lawyer in a hearing concerning non-payment. Nonetheless, if you intend to retain private counsel, the court will probably give you an adjournment to allow you time to do so.
If you can afford an attorney, you had funds to pay the fees. Only a really valid reason for why have not paid your fees will help you. Having representation is not likely to help.
The Rogers Law Firm
The Rogers Law Firm | Andrea Storey Rogers
You must appear in court to ask the judge for a continuance. If you have been to court many times asking for a continuance, the judge may not be as likely to grant your request. But if it's your first or second court appearance for this case, and if it's in municipal court, the judge will grant your request with no questions asked.
    You can and should request an adjournment on those grounds. The judge will decide whether or not he grants it.
    A violation of probation hearing will not be postponed because of your lack of representation.
    Eve Oldenkamp, Attorney at Law, P.C. | Eve Oldenkamp
    Yes. You need to ask the court when you get there for a court appointed attorney and traditionally your case will be set out so you can talk to your attorney.