Can I get my case dropped before being charged? 2 Answers as of May 02, 2011

My fiance was accused with theft 1 and domestic violence neither of these is she guilty of. How can we get our side of the story to the prosecuting attorney before the arraignment or before she is officially charged?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Andersen Law PLLC
Andersen Law PLLC | Craig Andersen
Hire an attorney. The prosecutor's office will not likely talk to you or your wife until after the charges are filed. You would also run the risk of giving the prosecutor evidence that would be used against you. Only a skilled defense attorney can navigate through the prosecutor's charging section.
Answer Applies to: Washington
Replied: 5/2/2011
Lisa Mulligan Law Offices, LLC
Lisa Mulligan Law Offices, LLC | Lisa Mulligan
The best way to approach the situation would be to hire an attorney who can approach the prosecutor before charges are filed. If you can't afford one, you might be able to get one assigned for "substantial advice."

That attorney would be able to tell you more about your chances of getting the case dropped.
Answer Applies to: Washington
Replied: 4/27/2011
Click to View More Answers: