Can I get more medical support from my divorce? 1 Answers as of June 01, 2011

Even though my ex gets a lot more money, and we were divorced because he abused us, the judge will not make him give more money for medical. the judge seems bias. I have had medicle all of my life, now I don't, The judge turns me down every time. Why would the judge do this after all of the bad things he did to me and my child?

The judge's reasons should be spelled out clearly in any orders denying your request. In all likelihood the reason is that there is no legal basis to require your husband to provide medical insurance. If you were, or are now, eligible to receive spousal support (i.e. alimony), the judge could consider your need for medical insurance in setting the amount of spousal support. Your entitlement to spousal support has nothing to do with whether or not your ex-husband abused your or ever did anything "bad".