Can I get money out of my benefactors account to bury her? 6 Answers as of May 20, 2011

I’m the sole heir to the will of a family member who has recently passed away. I’m trying to get the money out of her account at the bank to bury her. What will I need to do in order for this to happen?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Burnham & Associates
Burnham & Associates | Stephanie K. Burnham
Ordinarily, you must be appointed as Administrator of the Estate of the person who has passed to have access to any of their accounts.
Answer Applies to: New Hampshire
Replied: 5/20/2011
Theodore W. Robinson, P.C.
Theodore W. Robinson, P.C. | Theodore W. Robinson
You will need a death certificate as well as Temporary Letters Testamentary or a Temporary Administrator's authority to do so. You'll be best off getting an estate attorney to assist you, but you can go to or call the Surrogates Court and the Clerks will usually help you. Good luck.
Answer Applies to: New York
Replied: 5/19/2011
Law Office of Sam Levine, LLC
Law Office of Sam Levine, LLC | Sam L. Levine
You need to speak/check with the Executor of your family member's will for more information. It is the Executor's fiduciary responsibility to ensure that your family member's wishes, including the manner in which they are buried, are carried out. Good luck.
Answer Applies to: Georgia
Replied: 5/19/2011
Meyer & Yee, LLP
Meyer & Yee, LLP | Kent W. Meyer
Be appointed by the court as executor/executrix . Then you can administer the estate.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 5/18/2011
Apple Law Firm PLLC
Apple Law Firm PLLC | David Goldman
You will need to open a probate in a Florida Court where she lived.
Answer Applies to: Florida
Replied: 5/18/2011
Click to View More Answers: