Can I get money from tenants that refused to move in after a lease? Posted on July 28, 2011

I had tenants that were suppose to lease my house in Macon, GA and take possession August 1. I live in TX, so we have been communicating via mail and phone. I sent them a lease, which they text me and said they signed and sent back (july13) but I never received it. They also took my account number to make deposit and first months rent into, which I never received. They do however have their mail being sent to my house in GA. I have tried to get in touch with them, 2 voicemails, 3 text and an email to the wife. 2 voicemails and an email to the husband. They have just disappeared, 6 days before they were suppose to take possession. This has created a HUGE problem for me and a domino effect for myself, my old tenant and my family members who are having to step in to help me financially. I will most likely have to get a second job to pay both my bills in TX and my mortgage in GA, until I can find another tenant. Is there any way that I can legally come after these potential tenants for any of this? Civil suit or is there some type of law that protects me in this situation?