Can I get money for having my civil rights broken? Posted on August 09, 2011

I had court with my ex-boyfriend. He is filing for disestablishment of paternity. We were young and yes, he is not the father and I have no problem letting him off because we are both married and living separate lives. The problem is our court hearing was never heard. His father who is a police officer was the bailiff that day of court, which caused it to be postponed 2 months! He approached me outside the court room and asked me personal questions about our court issues while in uniform. I did not tell him anything and said he had no business in our matter. I then filed a complaint with the Sheriffs department and it's been investigated and they said I was right about this matter. But now knowing my civil rights were broken, can I get compensation for this? I would like to know before going out and shopping for a lawyer!

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Click to View More Answers: