Can I get a misdemeanor for bad checks off my record? 1 Answers as of June 27, 2011

I was told a bunch of lies at the time that the checks were good and it was all a big mess, I just want it took off so I can have a good job. I got 2 felonies and some misdemeanor bad checks over 20 yrs ago and it's really messing me up getting a job.

Convictions will not come off criminal record. You need to make some changes in your life. You "believed" a bunch of lies about the checks being good, when your better judgment would have told you different. More importantly, you pled to the charges, probably without an attorney, because the attorney was a waste of money. Now twenty years later, despite the fact that you have 20 years worth of work experience and 20 years worth of people that can vouch for your character despite the convictions, you cannot get a good job. Newsflash: It is not the convictions it is you. Good luck