Can I get married while waiting for a bankruptcy discharge? 8 Answers as of October 03, 2016

We do not live together. My bankruptcy was filed last month. We have been talking about marriage for a while. Things have changed in that my mom is very ill and we want to get married ASAP so she can see it. Will us getting married next month affect my chapter 7?

You should be fine. However, I know nothing about your file, but generally speaking, it shouldn't make a difference. If you want to be absolutely certain, pay an attorney for one hour of their time to review your BK file with you.
Generally yes. If it is a chapter 13, be careful, it could affect the plan.
While I recommend waiting until after the 341 meeting takes place to get married, there is no technical reason why you can?t get married the day after your bankruptcy was filed and not suffer any repercussions.
CARL C SILVER ATTORNEY AT LAW
CARL C SILVER ATTORNEY AT LAW | Carl C Silver
It will change your income numbers once you begin to live together. Just because you are married, it does not mean you have to move in right away.