Can I get married if I have an expired visa? 3 Answers as of August 24, 2010

My visa expired a few years after I came to the US with my parents. I have lived in the United States ever since, in spite of the expiration. I am now thinking about getting married, but I think this would require that I fix my immigration status. Is this true? If so, what is the process and must I go through this process with an attorney?

The short answer is that you are inadmissible, because you are out of status. There is more to determine before deciding what to do, but it may be possible for you to gain a waiver of inadmissibility, and/or a cancellation of removal (the second deals with application before an immigration court). If you want to explore that further, please e-mail or call.
A visa has no bearing on your ability to get married. For more information, please call me at the information below.