Can I get a loan on my Indian land? 5 Answers as of March 28, 2016

I have 133 acres I inherited from my dad.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Ronald K. Nims LLC | Ronald K. Nims
Do you have the right to sell the land? If yes, then you can pledge it as collateral.
Answer Applies to: Ohio
Replied: 3/28/2016
Law Office of Darin Kanfer | Darin J. Kanfer
Contact a bank.
Answer Applies to: Michigan
Replied: 3/23/2016
Ashcraft & Ashcraft, Ltd.
Ashcraft & Ashcraft, Ltd. | Randall C. Romei
First you have to take the necessary action to establish your ownership of the property inherited from your father. Your father's estate should transfer title to the property to you. Once title is transferred you should approach a bank to find out the type of loan you can qualify for using the land as collateral. You probably need the assistance of an attorney to complete the transfer of the land from your father's estate to you. You should also have an attorney assist you in understanding your obligations under the loan secured by the land and to make sure the documents are appropriate for your transaction.
Answer Applies to: Illinois
Replied: 3/23/2016
Sebby Law Office
Sebby Law Office | Jayne Sebby
Check with your local banking and lending institutions.
Answer Applies to: Nebraska
Replied: 3/23/2016
Law Offices of George H. Shers | George H. Shers
Ask a bank. This is not a legal question, unless your father did not own the land but his tribe did, in which case you would not get a loan.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 3/23/2016
Click to View More Answers: