Can I get a license in another state if I did not complete my DUI classes? 9 Answers as of July 15, 2011

I didnt complete my dui classes, first time offender. I am in no means to pay the cost of the class. Can I get a license in another state?

If you did not comply with the terms of your DUI probation in CA your license will be suspended among other things and that suspension will be reciprocal in most other states so that if you apply for a license there you will not be able to get one.
No. All states are tied to the DOJ central records, and all states honor the suspension or revocation orders of all other states. You will never get a license until you comply with the court orders and DMV rules. Terry A. Nelson Attorney at Law 2134 Main St. #130 Huntington Beach, CA 92646 (714) 960-7584 email lawyer@surfcity.net Privileged And Confidential Communication. The information contained in this document is intended solely for use by the intended recipient[s]. This electronic transmission, and any documents attached hereto, (a) are protected by the Electronic Communications Privacy Act (18 USC 2510-2521), (b) may contain privileged and confidential information including information which may be protected by the attorney-client and/or attorney work product privileges. If you have received this electronic message in error, please notify the sender and delete the electronic message. Any disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of the contents of the information received in error is strictly prohibited.
Law Office of Thomas F. Mueller
Law Office of Thomas F. Mueller | Thomas Mueller
Most, if not all states will not renew or issue a new license if you are suspended in another state. You will be suspended in Cal. if you don't go to the classes. Therefore you probably will not be allowed to be licensed in state two.
Wallin & Klarich: A Law Corporation
Wallin & Klarich: A Law Corporation | Paul Wallin
Yes, it is possible to get an out-of-state driver's license without completing your court-ordered California DUI class. You will need the DMV Mandatory Action Unit to send you something called a "1650 Waiver Packet." To make a request, you will need to call their office at (916) 657-6525. This packet is supposedly only available once in a lifetime and only you may personally request it. If your packet waiver is accepted, you will not be required to complete a DUI class. You will then be free to register for a license out-of-state and may also drive in California as an out-of-state licensee. However, on the down side, you cannot register for a California license for three years. Although you may not have to complete your DUI class, you may still have to wait until after your license suspension period has ended before submitting your waiver packet. You will also need to call in and ask if you qualify before making the request.
You can try. Most states share the information about DUI'a and if they check you will not get one. However, that depends on everyone doing his job.
    Attorney at Law
    Attorney at Law | Michael J. Kennedy
    You might be able to get a "license," but what is suspended here is your privilege to drive here, not the piece of paper, regardless of what state. So if you have a suspended privilege here, get a license there, and are caught driving here, it will be a driving on suspended license charge, even if your license is valid elsewhere.
    That depends upon the State, which you did not name, though more and more of them haveinterconnected databases now. Last I heard, forty-five (45) statesparticipate in the Interstate Driver's License Compact, which specifically relates information regarding DUI convictions to the driver's home state. That was not the case a few years ago. California is not a member of the Compact, however. You really will not know until your try.
    Probably not. The DMVs of many states are linked, and if you CA status is suspended (due to incompletion of class) another state will not issue you a license.
    The Law Offices of Christopher J. McCann
    The Law Offices of Christopher J. McCann | Christopher J. McCann
    Yes, you can petition the California DMV to terminate the action against your license under Vehicle Code 13353.5. As long as you have served the required time for suspension, you are eligible to get the DMV action lifted. However, if you were also ordered to do a class by a court, you cannot escape the need to do an out-of-state program that is comparable in length. The failure to do so will result in a violation of probation.