Can I get a license in another state? How? 7 Answers as of August 27, 2015

My driver's license is revoked due to DUI offenses. I was told I can go to another state, show them my birth certificate and get a license in that state. Is that true?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Lawrence Lewis
Lawrence Lewis | Lawrence Lewis, PC
No, that is shyster s**t.
Answer Applies to: Georgia
Replied: 6/30/2015
Richard B. Jacobson & Associates, LLC | Richard B. Jacobson
Generally speaking, what you heard is not true. Most states communicate with one another about suspensions and revocations.
Answer Applies to: Wisconsin
Replied: 6/30/2015
Law Office of Jeff Yeh
Law Office of Jeff Yeh | Jeff Yeh
False. Most states are in a compact where they respect each other's laws and decisions. This means that any other state will not issue you a license unless your home state would.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 6/29/2015
The Rogers Law Firm
The Rogers Law Firm | Andrea Storey Rogers
No, that's not true. States share information about traffic convictions and license suspensions/revocations, so if your license is revoked in 1 state, it's revoked in all states.
Answer Applies to: Missouri
Replied: 6/29/2015
Musilli Brennan Associates PLLC
Musilli Brennan Associates PLLC | John F Brennan
No, you cannot legally do that as the states reciprocate regarding suspensions and revocations. Get and attorney to determine your actual options.
Answer Applies to: Michigan
Replied: 6/29/2015
Click to View More Answers:

Need more information on drunk driving law? Visit our free DUI resource page to learn more.

If you need immediate assistance, fill out a free case evaluation form to connect with a DUI lawyer in your area today!