Can I get legal spousal support from a short marriage? 15 Answers as of May 22, 2015

Can I still legally get spousal support if the marriage was under a year and there were no children? We bought a house together.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Richard B. Jacobson & Associates, LLC | Richard B. Jacobson
The chances are slim to none. Perhaps some very unusual circumstances exist, in which case you may wish to consult an experienced family law attorney. Good Luck.
Answer Applies to: Wisconsin
Replied: 5/22/2015
Law Office of Martin A. Kahan | Martin A. Kahan
It is possible, but unlikely. Spousal support is based on the income and expenses of the parties as well as the length of the marriage. You should consult with a family law attorney.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 5/22/2015
Grace Law Offices of John F Geraghty Jr.
Grace Law Offices of John F Geraghty Jr. | John F. Geraghty, Jr.
No just equitable division of the property.
Answer Applies to: Georgia
Replied: 5/22/2015
Law Offices of Lauren H. Kane | Lauren H. Kane
You may be able to depending upon the circumstances including if your spouse makes more than you but the spousal support will only be for a short time. There are a number of factors involved.
Answer Applies to: Pennsylvania
Replied: 5/22/2015
Diane l. Berger | Diane L. Berger
That would be very doubtful.
Answer Applies to: Nebraska
Replied: 5/22/2015
Click to View More Answers:
12 3 Free Legal QuestionsConnect with a local attorney