Can I get legal custody of my grandchild? 1 Answers as of March 25, 2011

How do we begin this process? My daughter got pregnant. She is financially and emotionally unable to care for her child. She has agreed that she would like the child to live with us in our home in Derry. She is no longer with the father who has no interest to be in his child’s life. Is it a good idea for us to get legal and physical custody?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
DiManna Law Office, LLC.
DiManna Law Office, LLC. | Dawn DiManna
Yes you should get guardianship for both decision making and financial reasons. You need to file the appropriate paperwork with the court and if your daughter agrees, then it should be a pretty straightforward process.
Answer Applies to: New Hampshire
Replied: 3/25/2011
Click to View More Answers: