Can I get a larceny conviction expunged from my record? 2 Answers as of March 30, 2011

I was convicted of a larceny 8 years ago and served time without probation. Since I have bipolar and was very manic at the time of the offense, can I get the record expunged? I pled guilty to get out of the dangers of jail, actually.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Office of Tim W. Avery
Law Office of Tim W. Avery | Tim W. Avery
Unfortunately, the answer to your question is that you are not eligible for an expunction nor are you eligible for an order of non-disclosure. Unless you were acquitted of the offense or case was not prosecuted after arrest, you cannot get the case expunged. If you pled guilty and were given deferred adjudication probation and successfully completed the deferred adjudication probation, then you can request the court to grant an Order of Non-Disclosure which essentially is an order to seal the records from the general public (some agencies will still have access to said records). If your deferred adjudication probation was revoked and/or you receive time in prison/state jail, then the case resulted in a final conviction and the Order of Non-Disclosure is not an available option.
Answer Applies to: Texas
Replied: 3/30/2011
Click to View More Answers: