Can I get a job more easily if I change my name for a working permit? 6 Answers as of March 08, 2012

I am already married but my working permit,greencard and ssn are in my maiden name. If I will change my surname from maiden to married name in my ssn, can I get a job easily or it would be complicated?

It will not make any difference what your name is in terms of getting a job. If you are authorized to work, then you are authorized to work regardless of your name.
U.S. Immigration Law Group, LLP | Lisa D. Ramirez
If you change your name based on your marriage, you will need to complete and file an I-90 to update your lawful permanent resident card so that your social security card can be updated as well. They need to match. It is not complicated, but the process will take several months.
It is possible and I do not understand why it would be easier or more difficult to get a job. It should not make a difference.
I don't see how changing your name will make a difference in the eyes of any employer. You are who you are and if you qualify for a job and the employer wants to extend an offer to you, your maiden or married name has nothing to do with anything. The one thing I can tell you is that you want to have the same name on all your official documents, especially documents used for identification purposes.
Law Office of Rebecca White
Law Office of Rebecca White | Rebecca White
You will want to make sure all of your identity documents are consistent. You can either use your married or single name, and you can either change the social security card name OR the greencard. If you have a greencard you do not need, and should no longer have, and employment card.