Can I get jail time after I used my cousin’s birth certificate to get a driving license when I was 17? 4 Answers as of August 17, 2013

Now I’m 27 years old. I renewed my license and they put a hold on my license. At the age of 17, I was illegal in this country. Now I am a US citizen. I don’t owe anything under his name or mine.

Yes, because it is identify theft and forgery.
Gregory Casale Attorney at Law
Gregory Casale Attorney at Law | Gregory Casale
I have represented several people who did something like this. They either made up a name or used someone else's name to get a driver's license while they were illegal in this country. Then later, after gaining legal status, applied for and received a valid license. Facial recognition software kicks out the two licenses and a summons is issued for the person to come to Boston to the Federal building to deal with this. Although this is a very serious issue and serious consequences are possible. All situations I have defended were either dismissed or in one case a license suspension was imposed. In that case, we appealed and got his license back. Hire a lawyer to straighten this out. You do not want to be confused with people who are forging fake identities for far more egregious reasons.
Law Office of James E. Smith
Law Office of James E. Smith | James Smith
Probation more likely.
May want to get an Attorney to clear up any hold, but you should be ok.