Can I get into trouble for sending my son to live with his father even if his father says no? 7 Answers as of March 22, 2013

My 14 yr old son is verbally abusive to me and wants to live with his father. His father always says no but he needs to be with him and wants to be. So can I get into trouble if I send him back to him even after he says no.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
You can't just send him there if he's not welcome. You can file for a hearing on custody and ask the court to order that he goes to live with his father.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 3/22/2013
Fran Brochstein
Fran Brochstein | Fran Brochstein
You cannot force a parent to "take" his child. You need to talk to a family law attorney. If you take the child to his father and the father refuses to open the door to his home, then what are you going to do? It sounds like your child needs to be in counseling immediately because he obviously has a lot of anger issues.
Answer Applies to: Texas
Replied: 3/22/2013
Richard B. Jacobson & Associates, LLC | Richard B. Jacobson
Regardless of who favors or does not favor the idea of your son living with his father, there is the practical problem. If his father will not take him, where will he go? Back to you, and you cannot refuse to provide for him. Perhaps the way to deal with your son is to work with a skilled psychologist or other family counselor so the two of you can try to smooth out your relationship. A talk with the school guidance counselor is also a good idea.
Answer Applies to: Wisconsin
Replied: 3/22/2013
Henry Lebensbaum | Henry Lebensbaum
What's can happen when you send the child and father says no what's was going to take of the boy.
Answer Applies to: Massachusetts
Replied: 3/21/2013
Diana K. Zilko, Attorney at Law
Diana K. Zilko, Attorney at Law | Diana K. Zilko
You can file for a court order, or to modify one that exists now, and ask the court to interview your son to learn his wishes. Because he is 14, the judge will take his wishes into account.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 3/21/2013
Click to View More Answers: