Can I get into trouble for covering for him in hopes he won't go to jail for parole violation? 2 Answers as of April 02, 2014

He was driving after going to jail and having his licensed revoked for 3 DWIs. He insisted on driving to the hardware store but took me along just in case he got pulled over. He is in NY and I am visiting from FL. The state trooper let us switch seats and I drive. He gave him 4 tickets (no brake lights which is false because brake lights work, uninspected vehicle, driving with license revoked and unlawful muffler). He wants me to lie and say I was having a medical problem (which was slightly true, ran out of blood pressure meds and was having a headache). Since I got my prescription later that day, he wants me to tell the DA that I couldn't drive. Although when he got pulled over, he said the reason was because I don't know the area well. He is sort of bullying me into getting me to lie.

R. Jason de Groot, P.A
R. Jason de Groot, P.A | R. Jason de Groot
Him trying to get you to lie is called witness tampering in Florida. He needs and attorney in NY.
Law Office of Richard Southard
Law Office of Richard Southard | Richard C Southard
If you lie under oath, you would be committing the crime of perjury. It would be foolish to compound his mistakes by getting yourself in trouble as well.