Can I get into Canada with a DUI charge? 5 Answers as of August 27, 2010

I have a DUI charge on my record. Is it difficult to get across the Canadian border if you have had a DUI? I heard a rumor that it is. How do the Canadian authorities find out if the crime happened in the US?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Nelson & Lawless
Nelson & Lawless | Terry Nelson
Should not be a problem, unless you mean you have an arrest warrant outstanding.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 8/20/2010
Law Office of Eric Sterkenburg
Law Office of Eric Sterkenburg | Eric Sterkenburg
Canada considers a DUI a felony. It is almost impossible to enter Canada with a felony. The DUI is on your criminal record and in FBI files. Canada has access to this as part of homeland defense.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 8/20/2010
Robert P. Jarvis, PC
Robert P. Jarvis, PC | David Anderson
Thank you for your interest in The question that you pose is not a criminal law question. Your question relates to the access to the US computer system by Canadian authorities to check on the status of a traveler or immigrant and the Canadian laws on entrance into their country. I believe that the two governments freely exchange information on criminal history. An immigration attorney may know more precisely the information you seek. I know that Canadian authorities are very strict on DUI convictions. Good luck with your search
Answer Applies to: Arizona
Replied: 8/20/2010
Click to View More Answers:

Need more information on drunk driving law? Visit our free DUI resource page to learn more.

If you need immediate assistance, fill out a free case evaluation form to connect with a DUI lawyer in your area today!