Can I get in trouble if I didn't leave the scene and I filed a report and a claim with my insurance company? 1 Answers as of September 24, 2017

I rear ended someone the other day and my passenger grabbed all their stuff and left. I've only known them for a few weeks, met through an online dating website. I always picked him up from work and dropped him off at a friend’s house. It's been about two weeks and I've only given him a ride about 3 times. I only knew his first and last name (if they were even real) and his age. So I told the cop. I tried to call him back to the scene and he kept ignoring my phone calls and now his phone is off like he changed his number. The cop said she was going to call me to get the information on him but I literally don't have any for her. Do I have to answer her calls?

Law Office of John G. Galasso | John George Galasso
If your the driver, the police don't need the passenger information unless they were injured.