Can I get in trouble for being with my girlfriend or on camera helping carry items to her car that were reported stolen? 1 Answers as of February 17, 2017

My girlfriend has pawned a few things that were in her back yard. We thought those were her dead grandfather's. it turns out that they were her mom’s boyfriend. He reported them stolen. I myself knew better to pawn property that was not mine. Everything is in her name at the pawn shops. But I am on camera in her backyard carrying some of the items from the backyard to her car. But the camera only shows me in the backyard. After leaving the house, we went to the pawn shop together. I was never without her. We found out that he reported the items and called the police a day after the items were reported. They did not arrest either of us but just give a statement on the situation. Her parents do not like me and would definitely put me in jail if they could but I think they'd have to press charges on her to get to me. I’m losing sleep over this and the cops said they’d get back to us. If I were to be in any trouble for being on camera taking the items, wouldn't they have arrested me when we talked to them? Like I said, I know they would put me in jail. My girlfriend is taking and took full responsibility to the cops and her mom’s boyfriend is saying that I wouldn't have even touched the items if she could have carried them and that's the only reason I was even in the yard. I don’t think they'd press 9 felony charges against her just to get to me and even still if they did and messed her record up just to bail her out and drop charges, they couldn't keep the charges on me if dropped on her. Someone please help ease my mind. I feel like if me being on camera was evidence enough that I’d be in jail already after talking to the cops.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
R. Jason de Groot, P.A
R. Jason de Groot, P.A | R. Jason de Groot
Yes, you can get into trouble for this. The theory is that of principal to crime. You helped her commit a crime. Get an attorney now, a private criminal defense attorney.
Answer Applies to: Florida
Replied: 2/17/2017
Click to View More Answers: