Can I get in serious trouble if I get medical marijuana less than 14 grams shipped to me thru mail and how do I stay out of it if authorities find out 11 Answers as of December 04, 2012

Are you in a state that allows you to possess marijuana? Putting the word medical before marijuana does not make marijuana legal. IF yes, then consult with a local attorney.
Do not have it shipped through the mail that violates Federal law and they do not recognize Medical Marijuana cards.
Hamblin Law Office | Sally Hamblin
Yes you can and no you cannot.
Toivonen Law Office | John Toivonen
The Michigan Medical Marijuana Act allows a licensed patient to have 2.5 ounces of usable marijuana. Fourteen grams amounts to 0.49 ounces. So the amount is not the issue. But while Michigan law permits some people to have the drug, marijuana is still illegal under federal law. The United States Postal Service is a federal agency and so the federal government could prosecute someone who ships it through the mail.
Remember that possession of marijuana is a Federal criminal offense, even though some states have legalized the medical use possession of it. ?Federal law would be invoked in this case, as you are using the mails to have the substance shipped to you, and also the Feds have jurisdiction if the substance is shipped over state lines.
    Keep your mouth shut (aka exercise your right to remain silent).
    Simple.... don't do it.
    Douglas M. Philpott, P.C. | Peter J. Philpott
    Yes you can. You should be able to obtain it from a medical provider in your area.? Having it sent in the mail will be a violation of federal law.
    Langford Law Firm
    Langford Law Firm | Theresa Langford
    Yes you can get in trouble. You might be able to lessen the damage after you get caught, with a very expensive lawyer.
    R. Jason de Groot, P.A
    R. Jason de Groot, P.A | R. Jason de Groot
    You need a prescription to stay out of trouble. Get one.
    William L. Welch, III Attorney | William L. Welch, III
    The problem is that marijuana is still illegal under federal law. While federal law enforcement tends to focus on large quantities and dealing, if the federal government finds out they might prosecute you, regardless of what state law and law-enforcement practices are. Certainly the best thing would be to avoid breaking the law in the first place. However if a person has already broken the law, then you should not make statements to anyone about it.