Can I get his pension if my husband and I have been married for three years and we get divorce after three years? 1 Answers as of June 05, 2017

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Glenn Milgraum PC
Glenn Milgraum PC | Glenn P. Milgraum
Generally speaking, you should be entitled to an "equitable share" of any monies paid into, or accrued in, a retirement account for the period from the date of the marriage until the date of filing for the divorce. Some retirement plans are so unique, that a review of each plan may be necessary. However, three (3) years is a 'short-period' and the sum being sought might be so small that it might not be worth chasing after. You might look to 'trade off' any interest you might have in the retirement funds for something else. Best of luck!
Answer Applies to: New Jersey
Replied: 6/5/2017
Click to View More Answers: