Can I get help with an IRS payment plan? How? 6 Answers as of May 18, 2015

I owe the IRS $5,000 dollars from 2011. I have not filed my 2012 tax forms yet and was given an extension to file my 2014 by October 15th. I need help to establish a payment plan with the IRS and am also in need of help filing my back taxes. I am currently outside of the country, and have been for most of the year. I will be returning in December. I am in great need of help and am fearful of being arrested. I lost my job two years ago and things have been bad but will hopefully get better soon.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Offices of Robert Beatson II | Robert Beatson II
Dear Sir/Madam, Yes. The facts need to be carefully reviewed and analyzed. An experienced tax attorney/accountant should be able to handle this. I have 30+ years of experience and further information about my tax/law
Answer Applies to: Maryland
Replied: 5/18/2015
Robert E. Giffin | Robert E. Giffin CPA
Go online and you can make your own plan. Look at Form 433-F first
Answer Applies to: Ohio
Replied: 5/18/2015
Irsfeld, Irsfeld & Younger LLP | Norman H. Green
This is not all that difficult to accomplish, but I would need a retrainer before I wold undertake this case.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 5/18/2015
Musilli Brennan Associates PLLC
Musilli Brennan Associates PLLC | John F Brennan
I would suggest that you engage an attorney, answer the attorney have an accountant hired to both look at your past taxes and calculate those which should have been filed earlier. The fact that you have not been in the country will have some bearing on your tax liability most probably. It is possible to commence the negotiations with the IRS prior to your re-arrival through your representatives.
Answer Applies to: Michigan
Replied: 5/15/2015
Ronald K. Nims LLC | Ronald K. Nims
Of course, you can get help immediately. It's 2015, there is global instantaneous communications. Call a tax attorney or tax CPA and tell him/her your situation. You'll be able to call, text or email all the information that is needed and they'll be able to work with the IRS. Since you're international, you'll have to pay the attorney/CPA with a credit card, etc. (Don't pay the IRS with a credit card the "convenience fee" is really inconvenient, you can Fedex them checks).
Answer Applies to: Ohio
Replied: 5/15/2015
Click to View More Answers: