Can I get help leaving my husband? 1 Answers as of May 24, 2011

I came to USA with my husband - as his dependent but now have permanent resident status - green card because of my husband. We also have our 4-year-old child. We have been married for 11 years now. My husband keeps threatening me that he wants to divorce me and separate me all the time ever since he got his H1 - 6 years ago. He abuses me physically and verbally all the time. It was even worse before coming to USA. But I have always been with him - as his wife - praying each day - that things would get better with time. But he does not care at all even though we have our daughter.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Verdin Law Firm, LLC
Verdin Law Firm, LLC | Isaul Verdin
You need to consider a U visa, but you must report his abuse to the proper police authorities.
Answer Applies to: Texas
Replied: 5/24/2011
Click to View More Answers: