Can I get healthcare and a divorce in California? 2 Answers as of November 03, 2010

My husband of 13 years has filed for divorce. I am a stay at home mom with a 5 and 3 year old. I am currently undergoing treatment for benign tumors and am unable to work. Is it possible to get my soon to be ex to pay for my attorney, child/spousal support and my medical coverage?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
The English Law Firm
The English Law Firm | Robert English
Legally after a divorce you cannot be on your husbands healthcare. You may be able to have him pay for a cobra plan or individual plan, but that would count essentially as spousal support or part of an equalization payment.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 11/3/2010
Goldberg Jones
Goldberg Jones | Zephyr Hill
Yes it is possible, but it is not mandatory.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 11/3/2010
Click to View More Answers: