Can I get gun rights after a domestic violence third harassment? 2 Answers as of January 16, 2012

Is there any way to get gun rights after "domestic violence 3rd: harassment" plea of guilt? I was convicted in 2001 in Alabama.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Office of Richard Williams
Law Office of Richard Williams | Richard Williams
There are no provisions for reinstatment of gun rights following a domestic violence conviction in Alabama at this time. There is a possible bill pending that gun rights may be reinstated after five years of no further violations. But that bill is yet to be presented.
Answer Applies to: Alabama
Replied: 1/16/2012
Swann-Zwiebel Law Firm, LLC
Swann-Zwiebel Law Firm, LLC | Elizabeth Swann
Yes, the process is through a pardon. An attorney can guide you through the process of obtaining a pardon which will clear your record while at the same time restoring your gun rights & voting rights. It is highly recommended to hire an attorney with experience in that area or experience dealing with the Board themselves. We have attorneys who specialize in that area. If you have not had any other convictions in the previous three years, you would qualify to apply for a pardon in the state of Alabama.
Answer Applies to: Alabama
Replied: 1/16/2012
Click to View More Answers: