Can I get a greencard if I've been deported but am married to an American? 2 Answers as of June 10, 2011

I have lived in the USA for 6 years. I am married to an American guy and we have a 18 month old daughter. I have been deported. Do I have any chance of getting a green card?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Fong & Associates
Fong & Associates | William D. Fong
It depends on the reason for the deportation and if you qualify for a waiver for the underlying immigration violation and if your spouse and child can meet the extreme and unusual hardship standard for you to qualify for the waiver.
Answer Applies to: Texas
Replied: 6/10/2011
Eric M. Mark, Attorney at Law
Eric M. Mark, Attorney at Law | Eric Mark
You have a chance, albeit is a small one. You will need to obtain at least two waivers based on hardships to your husband and child. You are going to need an attorney to have any chance at success. Call me for a consultation.
Answer Applies to: New Jersey
Replied: 6/10/2011
Click to View More Answers: