Can I get a green card through American citizen relatives? 3 Answers as of October 16, 2010

I have relatives in the US who are citizens. My grandparents and several aunts and uncles live there. Can they help me with a green card?

The short answer is that the only individuals who can sponsor you in a permanent legal residency petition are spouses, parents, or siblings of U.S. citizens, or spouse or minor child of legal residents. Those of your options. If you have such an opportunity, and you would like to have my help, I would be glad to schedule an appointment for consultation. Just e-mail or call me.
No, a grandparent is too distant of a relation for you to benefit. A US citizen can only petition his/her spouse, children and sisters/brothers.
JCS Immigration & Visa Law Office
JCS Immigration & Visa Law Office | Jack C. Sung
Your grandparents can petition your parents, if they have a green card or citizenship

Your aunt and uncle and petition your parents as well, if they are citizens of United States.

You are included automatically in your parents applications if you are under 21. If you are above 21, then your parents must petition for you after they get the green card.

There is no direct green card application from grandparents to you or from aunt and uncles to you