Can I get a green card while on a student visa? Posted on July 07, 2011

I am an international student and I have just graduated from university. I got bachelor degree in Kinesiology. Before I come to the USA, I have a diploma in nursing and I worked 2 years as registered nurse. I have been approved by the board of Registered nursing in CA to take the exam in order to become a Registered in CA. I am now in OPT which will finish next year 2012. My F-1 visa already expired in 2008; however, I have maintained my statutes because I have a valid I-20. I am planning after I got my RN license to study master in nursing. I would like to know about how I can get a green card while I am in the USA with student visa? I am married person and I have children. No one of my children was born in the USA. Is the process takes long time to get green card? IN case, my OPT expired, and I could not get start my master degree, is there any other way to stay legal? What is the fastest and best way to get green card? How much approximately will cost me to get a green card? Is it guaranteed that I will get Green card? I came to the USA in 2006, and went vacation in 2007, since 2007, until now I have not out of the State of CA.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Click to View More Answers: