Can I get a green card if I was deported? 4 Answers as of March 03, 2011

I was arrested for criminal sexual conduct but the charges were dropped becuase they didn't have proof so I was never convicted, I was released to ICE after being in county jail for 3 days then I got deported for 5 yrs, I'm married to a U.S citizen and have a kid with her born in the U.S as well, and now I'm back so is there a way I could get a green card?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Pacifica Legal Services
Pacifica Legal Services | Floyd Fernandez
It will be difficult, but it is possible to gain a waiver from the requirement to have to wait at least 5 years *outside* the USA before applying for permission to file for waiver of inadmissibility. It will be what is called a *nunc pro tunc *procedure within an application under section 212 of the Immigration code. If you wish the help of a good attorney (and you need one), please feel free to call or e-mail for a consultation by phone or in person.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 3/3/2011
Nicastro Piscopo, APLC
Nicastro Piscopo, APLC | Louis M. Piscopo
If you were deported from the US and returned illegally you will have multiple problems that may prevent you from ever getting a Green Card. You need to speak to an immigration attorney regarding your situation, since merely filing an application with immigration may get you arrested and deported again.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 3/3/2011
Feldman Feldman & Associates, PC
Feldman Feldman & Associates, PC | Lynne Feldman
We would be happy to consult with you on the details of your case. Did you return after being away for five years or right away? Contact me as indicated below to schedule a consultation we do charge for consultations but what you pay for the consultation would then be a credit toward the fees for your case if you retain us for further work.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 3/3/2011
Law Office of Immigration & International Trade Law
Law Office of Immigration & International Trade Law | Linda Liang
What do you mean you were deported for 5 years? What are the grounds of said deportation? Were you sent by ICE? How did you get back? More specifics are needed for assessment of your case. You are welcome to contact us for assistance. Good luck!
Answer Applies to: Florida
Replied: 3/3/2011
Click to View More Answers: