Can I get a green card if I overstayed on my B2 visa? 2 Answers as of March 28, 2011

I came here 10 years go as a tourist and overstayed. I am from Zimbabwe and suffered persecution I just never had the courage to apply for asylum although one of my sisters did 5 years ago and got it. My 14 year old daughter came here 2 years ago and has remained. I work as a nanny and am single but don't want my daughter to face the immigration nightmare I live. Please help.

Normally, under current immigration law, an applicant for asylum must apply within one year of entering the United States. It is possible, however, in some cases for an applicant to receive a waiver of this requirement. To determine whether such a waiver might be possible in your particular case, consult with an attorney who handles immigration law matters.
Everyone's situation is different. Only after learning your and her facts, we may know. Please feel free to schedule a consultation.