Can I get a green card for someone without being a citizen of the US 3 Answers as of February 28, 2011

He is a green card holder of USA but not a citizen. Can he take his wife from Ethiopia to the US without citizenship? And if he can, what is the easiest method to take with the application?

He may only file for an I-130 petition. But the petition cannot be followed by an application for adjustment of status without her priority date becoming ratified by Department of State as current. And the waiting list is about 3 years at present for spouses of legal permanent residents.
Yes he can. Application can be filed however the marriage has to be in good faith. If you have a hard time to prove marriage is entered in good faith, work with a lawyer. If you need assistance, please feel free to contact us.
As an LPR his wife would not be deemed to be his immediate relative; she would be classified under a 2A preference category, and thus would have to wait for a visa number to become available to consular process - this can take a few years.