Can I get fired for texting off work on my personal cell? 1 Answers as of May 18, 2011

I was fired for text messages from personal to personal phone while I was not at work. Several were made up from fake a text. They said I was releasing confidential info, which I had a notarized letter giving permission, also was being sexual harassed and battered and propositioned by coworker who brought up all of these texts I supposedly sent. Texts are vague do not say what or who they are about. Has notes next to them stating coworker states its about this coworker. Is it legal for them to fire me for this?

David B. Sacks, P.A.
David B. Sacks, P.A. | David Sacks
It is impossible to give you just an "answer" to your question as the facts are convoluted and complicated and raise several issues which all may or may not be related. If you would like to discuss this further please feel free to call me, or visit my web site.