Can I get fiance visa for my wife? 5 Answers as of May 19, 2011

Can I get fiance visa for my wife?

Oltarsh and Associates, PC
Oltarsh and Associates, PC | Jennifer Oltarsh
Yes you can if you are a U.S. citizen. I have been practicing for over 15 years. Our immigration law firm has been in the immigration field for more than 45 years. We have handled cases with experience, integrity, and good effect. Please call me if you are seeking legal representation. We offer payment plans with no interest.
No. This is because she is your wife. You can however get an immigrant visa for your wife. Assuming that she is outside the US, the process begins with the filing of an I-130 form on her behalf and waiting until that is approved and the visa becomes available. If she is inside the US having been admitted with a visa of any kind (mostly not always) and you are a USC, then she can adjust her status right away and get her green card. Do consult a lawyer to be sure. Good luck!
You cannot get a fiance visa (K-1) for your wife. Once you are married she is not eligible for a fiance visa. You must file and I-130 Petition for her. While you can also file and I-129F Petition to start the K-3 process after you file the I-130 petition, it will not speed up the process. The USCIS is taking just as long to process K-3 petitions as I-130 petitions for spouses.
The Jarrett Firm, LLC
The Jarrett Firm, LLC | Patrick Jarrett
If your wife is not in the US, one option that may be available to you is to file for a K-3 visa. The process and forms are essentially the same as a fiance visa, but it is used to obtain a visa for your spouse. I recommend speaking with an immigration attorney prior to beginning the process to determine what your best course of action is and what you should expect.
No, if you are married, it must be a spouse visa (K-3), not a fiance visa.